Lets face it, without positivity, no one will want to be around us (for long) and at some point, we’ll get tired of our own attitude once everyone runs away from us.
I remember a time when many years ago when I was down in the slumps and thought there was no way out and I could not get myself to be more positive. However, I was able to pull myself out of it by learning some of the skills I am about to teach you.
For the last 10 years, I’ve been going to personal development seminars. One thing that I learned which stuck with me is this fact:
- Thoughts lead to feelings.
- Feelings lead to actions.
- Actions lead to results.
So then, it’s important to be positive right? Yes sir! Here are ten ways to become more positive this year and have the best year of your life.
- Get more sun: One of the leading reasons why people become depressed is because of a lack of Vitamin D during the winter season. If you live in the Northeast like I do, make sure you get lots of sun. Take more walks. Go out in nature more often.
- Eat healthy: A balanced diet may not make you more positive but it will regulate your energy. In order to “feel” more positive, you must eat high-energy foods. Do a Google search for high-energy foods and change your diet right away.
- Focus on what you want: We often complain about the things we’re not happy about. However, this only leads to getting more of what we don’t want. Hence, whatever you focus on, expands. Instead, focus on what you want and you will get more of it.
- Create a vision board: Speaking of getting what you want, try creating a vision board. By doing so, you ‘re sending signals to the universe that this is what you want.
- Practice gratitude: Every morning you wake up, give thanks to 3-5 things you’re grateful for. You will not be able to welcome anything new into your life unless you give thanks to what you currently have. Being thankful for your current situation no matter how bad it may be is the first step.
- Get rid of toxic people: Energy vampires are everywhere. If you spend your time with people who gossip and complain all the time, their energy will transmute to you. There is a great saying “You’re (or become) the average number of the five people you spend most of your time with.”
- Create life goals: If you have goals that you can look forward to, this will lead to becoming more positive. Every day, you will have something new to look forward to.
- Stay more present: By learning to become more present, your mind chatter slows down and you’re able to become aware of your surroundings and environment. As practice, for 30 seconds at a time, try focusing on your breath. Do this 5-10 times per day. Eventually, you will do it without thinking about it.
- Laugh more often: One simple way is to go to YouTube and watch a few funny videos maybe 2-3 times per day. You can also watch movies, a comedy show or something similar. While there are literally thousands of reasons to just laugh more often, just smile or laugh more because today was another chance you were able to wake up and breath.
- Imagine yourself being more positive: Develop a good imagination by meditating. Meditate on happiness every day beginning when you wake up and once before you sleep for 5-10 minutes at a time. Imagine being with friends, laughing, having a good time. Imagine walking on the street having a smile on your face for no reason. Einstein said, “Imagination is more important than knowledge.” I think there is a lot of weight in that statement.
Now that you’ve read my 10 proven ways to become more positive, comment below and let me know which one is your favorite. If you have any more to add to my list, please write below. I read and respond to all comments received.