Yesterday, my girlfriend, Jenn was being a bit gloomy and negative about having so much to do before our trip to Canada and I came up with the most amazing analogy out of thin air and thought it would be super sweet to blog about it. I explained to her that “Life is like a battery” – in every negative situation, there is always a positive. Then it stuck with me.
As soon as I got back from walking Jenn home, I immediately embedded the quote on my Facebook Like Page. In fact, I thought the quote was so cool that I planned on writing this blog post today. Let me explain further.
Life is Full of Negatives:
- Our endless tasks and to-do lists can bring down our state, thus making us feel negative about our situation.
- We may feel overwhelmed at work.
- We lose our keys, our money or the worse case scenario, our job!
- We have a bad hair day.
- We may be feeling sick.
- Someone upset you because they were having a bad day.
- You woke up on the wrong side of the bed to begin the day.
Talk about waking up on the wrong side of the bed! Oh boy – this is probably the worst thing you can do. Think about it, just before the day began, you are already upset and no one is to blame! Did you know that the first 5 minutes of your day determines the quality of your state of mind, which then determines what type of day you will have?
Four Strategies To Wake Up Feeling Positive Before Your Day Begins
- The night before, read something positive – a good book or Internet article will do.
- Don’t watch TV 2 hours before bedtime.
- Do not eat 3-4 hours before you sleep. For dinner, have a light healthy meal. Avoid these types of foods by clicking on the link.
- Plan and visualize the type of day you want to have when you wake up.
Its inevitable, we live in a fast paced world. There is too much noise in the airwaves, the Internet, at work and at home – someone or something will bring us down and our state will become negative. Not to worry, I have some simple strategies that can that will shift your focus towards the more powerful, positive side.
Five Strategies to Spot The Lighter Side of Life:
- Be grateful for waking up this morning. You were given another chance.
- Carpe diem – what if today or this week were your last day on earth?
- Expect the best but accept the worst. Live in the moment and just realize that this too shall pass.
- Choose to become happy – happiness is a choice – really! It is. I swear!
- For every negative that you have, find at least one positive. Remember, no such thing as a negative without a positive.
Thanks for reading this completely spontaneous blog post – I hope it came out well and you learned something from it. Please share it with your friends if it added any value to your life.
Please comment below if you have anything to add to my list. I always love to learn. I respond to every comment received! I appreciate it in advance!