Today, I am interviewing Mari Smith. In this Mari Smith Interview, you will learn:
Mari Smith is one of the world’s leading social media strategists and widely recognized as THE top Facebook marketing expert in the world! Fast company describes Mari as, “A veritable engine of personal branding, a relationship marketing wiz and the pied piper of the online world.”
Forbes recently named Mari as one of the top ten social media influencers and Dun & Bradstreet named Mari one of the top ten most influential business people on Twitter. Well, if all this wasn’t enough, Mari frequently shares the stage with notable leaders and celebrities such as: Sir Richard Branson, The Dalai Lama, Tony Robbins, Guy Kawasaki and Paula Abdul.
Born in Canada to Scottish parents and spent most of her childhood in a tiny little Quaker community in British Columbia. Later on in life, she lived in Scotland. After twenty years, she wanted to come to the United States where she wanted to live the American dream and sought the help of a sponsor, now long time friend who she is still in contact with.
Over the years, she got into coaching and also became a top online marketing consultant where she created her own information products and in 2007, Facebook landed on her lap. After being on a beta team for an App company, she fell in love with Facebook and within a few weeks she kept talking about Facebook to everyone she know.
Learn from Mari Smith’ Personal Story:
- Maris woe-to-win story and how she started from humble beginnings
- Mari joined Toastmasters and learning Annex to socialize and network.
- How Mari bartered her way first job.
- How your network equals to your net worth.
- How she grew her following from the back of an RV back when she first started.
- How she shares personal information on the Internet but very strategically.
- How she got coaching from a billionaire but the vision never resonated with her.
Whats covered in Facebook Marketing:
- How delegating content management saved her two hours per day.
- What types of posts to create for your status updates.
- How Mari likes up and coming blogs and references them.
- How Mari chooses her topics for Facebook / Twitter.
- Why she puts out an inspirational / motivational quote at 5am.
- How Mari has moderators to respond to her posts.
- The difference between followers and fans.
- How to have three unique opportunities to be found on the news feed.
- How she loves organic / relationship marketing (book)
Next week on the podcast, we a LOT more about Facebook and Twitter as well as online marketing where Mari Smith really goes in depth and talks about the ins and outs of marketing through Facebook and Twitter. This is something you can’t afford to miss!
Be sure to tune into next week’ Mari Smith interview to check out what she has to say!
5-Star Reviews this week:
- Acslatery7: The information, encouragement and insight found on this podcast is incredible! I have yet to find another podcast that is more motivating. Thank you, thank you for your generosity and knowledge, William! It is MUCH appreciated and extremely valuable! Subscribe to this podcast, friends. You won’t be sorry! 🙂
- Gronesy: Will’s got the format down: state the problem and show you how the solution without wasting your time! Like EOFire, he’s now in my regular routine.
- Kiledotmarshall: I’ve got to say that Williams put together a great podcast. Nice host that you can truly relate to.
- Mercury2269: Found this podcast through Entrepreneur On Fire and it is awesome. I’ve listened to the 2nd podcast and it was very motivational. I’ve let my wife listen to it as well and she got very motivated also. Thanks William!
If you tune in every week to listen to me speak, I really appreciate it. I have one quick 30-second favor to ask you – please go to willimshaker.com/iTunes and leave an honest review… If you have a web site you would like me to promote, put that in your review as well and I’ll read it on the next podcast. I think this is a win-win strategy.
Did You Enjoy This Podcast?
Never miss an episode by subscribing, using one of the options below and If you can spare 30-seconds to leave a rate, review and subscribe on iTunes, it would really help the show’s ranking. Thank you, in advance!
Are you on Social media? What tip did you learn and will apply in your own social media efforts today?