As Entrepreneurs, we sometimes forget what our purpose is and distractions often take us away from the big picture. In 10 things to remember on your Entrepreneurial journey, I will talk to you about a few key principles to help you stay on track and get a lot done.
1. Surround yourself with like-minded people
- Birds of a feather, flock together
- You’re the average of the 5 people you spend your time with.
2. Be honest with yourself – if theres a problem or somethings not working, admit it to yourself and take responsibility so you can move past it.
- The worse thing to do is to do something that doesn’t work over and over again.
- Take notes with a pen and paper – ask yourself questions.
- Bring more self-awareness by diagnosing yourself and your situation.
3. Don’t let old patterns dictate how things are done. You have the power to change.
- Form new habits that will put you on the right path.
- You have to become adaptable.
- Change is often difficult because we love consistency. Change often spells out danger or risk and this is why we don’t like it.
- Whats hard today will be easy tomorrow. Whats easy today will be hard.
4. Believe that what you want to achieve is a done deal.
- Regardless of what it is — “cars, money, a house, losing weight, etc” you have to believe that you have already achieved it.
- Visualize yourself having it in your possession.
5. Evaluate your daily routine – are you happy? If not, do something about it.
- As Entrepreneurs, we are usually unhappy when things are not working organized or there is disorder.
- Evaluate your daily routines and get better organized.
6. Get a timer and use it to make sure you get the most out of your day.
- Find a timer that has a lot of bells and whistles. Use a timer that has a vibrating feature and one that will scare you if you don’t finish your work in time.
- Work in time blocks and make sure you time all tasks or it will eventually take too much time to finish.
7. Think about what you could delegate and systematize so that you can spend more time with family and friends.
- Evaluate how much time you’re worth and you will see that some things are just not worth your time.
- Your time as an Entrepreneur is worth more, therefore, you need to spend it on doing things to take advantage of your talents and skills.
- Things that are mundane and that wi ll stress you out should be delegated to a virtual assistant.
8. Identify a few businesses you love and admire and investigate how you can model their success.
- Finding other businesses in your niche or any business that is great and modeling them is a speedy way of advancing in your own business.
- Leverage the success of other businesses so that it takes the learning curve away from your daily duties and gives you a fast track to success.
9. Value yourself – learn to say no if it doesn’t work for you.
- In the beginning of your business, you will most likely say yes to a lot of things.
- Later in your business, you must become picky and choosy about what you accept and say yes to.
- Its all a matter of wisdom and experience.
10. Remember that you are the CEO of YOU – so take control of your destiny and make amazing things happen!
- Everything is a choice.
5-Star Reviews This week
- Wsarver: Thank you for the great advice. I like your helpful hints each week. It really helps me stay on track.
- Hajigomez: This is my new go to podcast while commuting to work. The quality and content are both excellent. There are many projects, ideas and pursuits that I want to do and keep making excuses. William is genuine and motivating and the podcasts are loaded with great ideas, resources and concepts. Keep up the good work. Thank you for the valuable podcast… I know it takes a lot of time and effort to produce the shows.
Did You Enjoy This Podcast?
Never miss an episode by subscribing, using one of the options below and If you can spare 30-seconds to leave a review, rate and subscribe on iTunes, it would really help the show’s ranking. Thank you, in advance!